Technology Business Consultant-Michigan Small Business Development Center
Job no: 492532
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Seidman College of Business
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in business or related field
- 5 years of business experience
- 3 years of experience in a technology related field
- Committed to GVSU's vision of inclusion and equity
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- MBA or equivalent
- Entrepreneurial experience
- C-Level marketing experience
- Prior consulting experience (particularly through an SBDC program or Michigan technology commercialization initiative) with early stage technology companies
- Ability to articulate an understanding of the industries driving the Michigan economy
- Strong communication skills
- Management experience in a technology based company preferred
- Grant writing experience
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Help technology based business clients become successful through one-on-one and team business consulting in areas including commercialization and growth strategies, financing, management, and networking.
- Build and maintain substantial portfolio of high potential clients.
- Stay abreast of federal, state, and regional economic development initiatives and support programs. Help client best utilize these programs as well as strategic private sector partners.
- Represent the SBDC and support initiation, growth, and maintenance of stakeholder relationships.
- Maintain documentation as required by the SBDC and its funding sources
- Stay abreast of full SBDC network initiatives and programming and collaborate with management and staff to advance the program and serve clients.
Responsibilities – Non-essential Functions
- Facilitate student projects and/or internships
- Strategic planning with stakeholders or partners
- Facilitate business workshops on topics relevant to client base
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: MI-SBDC/Academic & Student Affairs
Campus: Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus (Statewide position. Works remotely and travel is required.)
Application Deadline Date: June 28, 2017
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click "Apply now". Include a cover letter and resume. The online application system will allow candidates to electronically attach these documents. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend