Senior Database Administrator-Johnson Center for Philanthropy
Job no: 492555
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Community & Public Affairs
Senior Database Administrator
(Grand Rapids, MI) Responsible for database development and administration, including database design, data modeling, data model patterns, and data normalization and oversight of data system security utilizing advanced knowledge of SQL and its elements, PostgresSQL databases and geospatial data. Design, write, and tune efficient, high-quality, maintainable SQL code for various platforms, and PL/SQL units such as procedures, functions, packages, types, and triggers. Design, expand, and support ETL pipelines to process and load data from different sources within a Linux environment. Specific duties include:
Database Developer & Administrator:
- Provide core technical/operating support to our data warehouse and to database-driven websites and client applications, and work with our technical and research teams to develop new database-driven applications as required (including development of scope, project plan, and time/cost estimates).
- Develop standards and guidelines for the use and acquisition of database applications and related software and for the protection of sensitive data.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems and data management practices and inform and advise upper management as needed.
- Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system and disk spaces to ensure integrity. This position requires assisting in the design, implementation and operations of backups/storage environment and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Maintain, create, and enforce standard data-loading and data-extracting practices across the environment. Perform data-loads and data-extractions in Windows and Linux environments
- Design and develop data models and database architecture
- Provide user training on database resources (i.e., reports, applications)
- Maintain the physical integrity and regulatory compliance of CRI servers.
- Develop, coordinate and implement security and technical safeguards to ensure database and systems security.
- Specify, regulate, and monitor users and user access to system resources and databases to prevent against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification, or disclosure of sensitive information.
- Administer and maintain appropriate SFTP and/or VPN protocols for secure and encrypted transmission of data.
- Document computer system security and disaster recovery policies, procedures, and tests.
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
Minimum of a Master's degree in Computer Information Systems or related field and two years of related database administration experience required.
Please apply on-line to Grand Valley State University at jobs.gvsu.edu. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend