Educational Leadership (Assistant Professor) - College of Education
Job no: 492556
Work type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Education
Required Qualifications and Education:
Applicants must have a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Educational Leadership or a closely related field. If candidate is ABD, degree must be completed by August 2017. Candidates must have served as a K-12 administrator with a proven record of effective Educational Leadership, possess a demonstrated ability to teach courses in the field of Educational Leadership, and demonstrated ability to supervise research activities for Master's level students. Evidence of instructional leadership, a commitment to professional scholarship, research, and publication in the area of educational leadership are required. This position may require travel to distant locations within the state of Michigan for instruction and field supervision – willingness to travel is required. A willingness to teach courses on weekends and at other non-traditional times is required. Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to teach using multiple modes of instruction, including online, hybrid, web-enhanced and face to face instruction are also required.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
Applicants should be qualified to teach courses in the Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership program. Additionally, candidates should demonstrate knowledge of K-12 organizational systems and experience working within these systems. Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate preparation to mentor traditional and non-traditional student populations to be effective school administrators. Assistance with recruitment of prospective graduate students is also preferred.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Teach graduate courses in the Masters and /or Educational Specialist Programs
- Supervise research activities for Master’s Level students
- Be committed to scholarship, research, and publication in the area of Educational Leadership
- Provide service to the unit, university, profession, and community
- Be willing to travel to distant locations as needed within the state of Michigan for instruction and field supervision
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to teach using multiple modes of instruction, including on-line, hybrid, web-enhanced, and face to face instruction
- Be willing to teach courses on weekends and other non-traditional times
- Prepare and mentor students to be effective school administrators.
- Work with traditional and non-traditional student populations
- Advise graduate students in The Educational Leadership Program
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Educational Leadership & Counseling, College of Education/Academic and Student Affairs Division
Application Deadline Date: Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu. Include a cover letter addressing qualifications, curriculum vitae, the names of three references with contact information, and a copy of transcripts. The online application system will allow candidates to electronically attach these documents. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215. Additional information about GVSU is available on our website at www.gvsu.edu.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend