Educational Leadership (Affiliate Professor)-College of Education
Job no: 492558
Work type: FAC - Affiliate Faculty - One year/Academic Year
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Education
Required Qualifications and Education:
Applicants must have an advanced degree in Educational Leadership, Curriculum & Instruction, or a closely related field. Candidates must have served as a K-12 administrator with a proven record of effective Educational Leadership, possess a demonstrated ability to teach courses in the field of Educational Leadership, and demonstrated ability to supervise research activities for Master's level students. Evidence of instructional leadership and a commitment to the principles of Servant Leadership are required. This position may require travel to distant locations within the state of Michigan for instruction and field supervision – willingness to travel is required. A willingness to teach courses on weekends and at other non-traditional times is required. Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to teach using multiple modes of instruction, including online, hybrid, web-enhanced and face to face instruction are also required.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
Applicants with an Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Educational Leadership, Curriculum & Instruction, or a closely related field will be preferred. If a candidate is ABD, those who complete their degree by August 2017 will be preferred.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Teach graduate courses in the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program with a focus on Curriculum & Instruction
- Advise graduate students in the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program
- Prepare and mentor students to be effective school administrators
- Work with traditional and non-traditional student populations
- Assist with recruitment of prospective graduate students
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Be willing to travel to distant locations as needed within the state of Michigan for instruction and field supervision
- Be able to teach using multiple modes of instruction, including on-line, hybrid, web-enhanced, and face to face instruction
- Be willing to teach courses on weekends and other non-traditional times
- Provide service to the unit, university, profession, and community
Salary: Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits package
Department/Division: Educational Leadership & Counseling/ASA
Campus: Pew Campus
Application Deadline Date: Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click "Apply now". Include a cover letter addressing qualifications, curriculum vitae, the names of three references with contact information, and a copy of transcripts. The online application system will allow candidates to electronically attach these documents. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215. Additional information about GVSU is available on our website at www.gvsu.edu.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend