Liberal Studies (Visiting Professor) with Specialization in Cultural Diversity and Intercultural Communication - Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
Job no: 492560
Work type: FAC - Visiting Faculty - 1st Year - Academic Year
Categories: Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
We are seeking applications for a full time one-year visiting faculty position, in the Liberal Studies Department, Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies, Grand Valley State University. The Liberal Studies Department is home to the interdisciplinary Liberal Studies major, undergraduate Religious Studies major & minor, and the Intercultural Training Certificate program. Our faculty teach a wide variety of courses to majors/minors/certificate students and serve many more students through the university-wide General Education program. We are seeking a visiting faculty member who will contribute to teaching in at least two of our three core programs (Liberal Studies, Religious Studies, Intercultural Training Certificate).
- Demonstrated teaching expertise in cultural diversity and intercultural communication, including religious diversity, dialogue, and/or conflict resolution
- Experience with interdisciplinary teaching and/or scholarship.
- Strong potential for teaching excellence.
- A completed PhD in a related field.
- Demonstrated research experience and/or academic training in an interdisciplinary field of study such as American Studies, the Study of Religion, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to high impact teaching practices.
- Demonstrated ability to teach one or more of the following introductory courses: ITC 100 (Introduction to Intercultural Competence and Communication), LIB 201 (Diversity in the United States), and REL 100 (Religions of the World).
- Demonstrated ability or potential to teach one or more of the following advanced courses: LIB 312 (Dialogue), LIB 314 (Life Journey), LIB 325 (LGBTQ Identities), REL 300 (Contemporary Theories and Issues in Religious Studies), REL 340 (Religions and Popular Culture), REL 335 (Sacred Texts, Global Contexts).
- Ability to teach in both classroom and online environments.
Salary: Competitive Range with benefits
Department/Division: Liberal Studies/Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on May 19, 2017 and continue until positon is filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click "Apply now". Include curriculum vitae; cover letter addressing required and preferred qualifications; and three letters of recommendation (Please note only specified documents should be uploaded). Any inquiries should be sent to Dr. Melanie Shell-Weiss, Chair, Liberal Studies Department, email@example.com. Please see http://www.gvsu.edu/liberalstudies for more information.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend