Physics (Visiting Professor) - College of Liberal Arts & Science
Job no: 492574
Work type: FAC - Visiting Faculty - 1st Year - Academic Year
Categories: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
The Department of Physics at Grand Valley State University (Allendale, MI) is searching to fill multiple Visiting Faculty positions that will start this August 2017. The position will be for one (1) year, with the possibility of renewal for up to two (2) more years.
- Ph.D. in Physics or Astronomy;
- Experience teaching introductory physics courses or labs is preferred;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Commitment to working with a diverse student population.
Successful candidates will be responsible for teaching a full load of courses (12 contact hours/week) and supporting the day-to-day business of the department. In particular, they will be responsible for:
- Serving as instructor of record for introductory physics courses, including lectures, discussion (recitation) sections, and labs;
- Holding regular office hours;
- Working effectively with a team of faculty and staff, particularly those teaching or working in support of our introductory courses (each semester our department offers ~15 classes for ~1,000 introductory level students).
Salary: Competitive Range with benefits
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click "Apply now". Include a curriculum vitae, cover letter, and 1-2 page statement of your teaching philosophy. Any inquiries should be sent to Richard Vallery, Chair, Physics Department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend