English Language Arts/Reading (Visiting Professor) - College of Liberal Arts & Science
Job no: 492576
Work type: FAC - Visiting Faculty - 1st Year - Academic Year
Location: Allendale, Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Required Qualifications and Education:
- A Master’s degree in Reading, Literacy, or related field is required.
- Must have at least three years of successful, full-time experience teaching reading/literacy in elementary and/or middle-level classrooms.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Desirable qualifications include: a Ph.D. in Reading, Literacy, English Education, or related field
- Experience teaching English Language Learners in multicultural schools
- Experience teaching adult literacy learners; Reading Specialist certification.
The successful candidate will teach four to five courses in reading/literacy education per semester (depending on credit totals and other potential duties) and will serve as a liaison to area public schools to arrange tutoring placements for future teachers of reading. In addition, the successful candidate will work with other faculty to direct a developmental reading course for incoming college freshmen who require assistance in reading across the curriculum; the successful candidate will help to develop curriculum for the course; monitor course quality and effectiveness; and provide occasional training for instructors.
Salary: Competitive range with benefits
Department/Division: Department of English/College of Liberal Arts &Sciences
Campus: Allendale, Pew
Application Deadline Date: Review of applications will begin June 10, 2017 and the position will remain open until filled. We plan to conduct online interviews with selected candidates and then bring finalists to campus.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now.” Include a c.v./resume and a cover letter addressed to Dr. Amy Masko. The cover letter should present your qualifications and explain your interest in the position. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. References will be requested from shortlist candidates.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend