Computer Operations Supervisor-Information Technology
Job no: 492580
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Information Technology
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 1 year experience supervising people
- Working knowledge of Windows and Mac OS
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite applications
- Experience providing customer service or help desk support
- Flexibility in covering shifts; strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Experience using Automic or other job scheduling software
- 2 years related experience in computer operations support
- Supervisory experience including managing staffing schedules and conducting performance evaluations
- Experience working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply complex information from technical and procedural manuals.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Manage daily production schedules
- Maintain Operations online procedure manual.
- Supervision of Computer Operators. Create and maintain shift and vacation schedules.
- Provide Operations coverage (function as a Computer Operator) for:
- Cover first shift when the normal first shift operator is sick or on vacation
- Monitor the IT cell phone for text messages on aborted jobs and calling the appropriate systems analyst when there is no operator on 2nd or 3rd shifts
- Manage inventory of the Computer Operations Room computing supplies
- Maintain the Data Center Access Card System.
- Maintain the Recording of Copyright Infringements.
- Administer the process and maintenance of creating Outlook and Active Directory user accounts.
- Provide HelpDesk support
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Information Technology/Enrollment Development
Application Deadline Date: June 27, 2017
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click “Apply now”. Please include a letter that specifically addresses how skills, education and experience relate to the position announcement, a resume, and a list of three references. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend