Assistant/Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs (Curriculum)-Office of the Provost (INTERNAL SEARCH ONLY)
Job no: 492582
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Provide administrative leadership to effectively represent the Provost in curriculum efforts and responsible for activities associated with Divisional level processes.
- Oversight of University curriculum
- Curriculum development initiatives
- Administer distance education initiatives
- Program reviews
- Liaison to General Education committee, Graduate Council, Records Office, Institutional Marketing, Information Technology
- University Catalog review
- Supervise Director of Design Thinking Initiative
- Ex-officio to University Curriculum Committee
- Ex-officio to Online Education Council
- Ex-Officio to New Programs/New Unit Committee
- Reports directly to Provost
- Other related duties as assigned
- Status as a tenured faculty member at the associate or full professor rank at GVSU
- Experience in academic leadership and curriculum development
- Strong organizational skills
- A flexible and collegial work and communication style
- Comfort with high levels of responsibility and accountability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytic ability
- Minimum of ten years related work experience
Application Deadline: The search committee will begin screening applications immediately, but will accept applications until the position is filled. Interviews will begin during the week of June 26.
How to Apply: Include a letter of application addressing your qualifications for the position, your current curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three internal references who know your leadership and administrative experience and aptitude. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance or have questions, contact Mary Albrecht in the Office of the Provost at (616) 331-2400.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend