Athletics Health Care Administrator-Athletics
Job no: 492585
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Master's degree
- BOC Certified Athletic Trainer
- Must hold or be eligible for a Michigan Athletic Training License.
- Minimum seven years' experience working as an Athletic Trainer.
- Documented experience with administration of intercollegiate athletics department(s) and/or physician office(s).
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Assist the Associate Athletics Director/Medical Services
- Liaison with on-campus and third party providers of mental health care and diversity and gender Issues, excess medical billing, liaison with physician offices and other allied health care offices
- Assist with on-campus event coverage and rehabilitation cases
- Coordinate Institutional and NCAA Drug Testing on campus and other administrative duties.
- GVSU has 600 student athletes who participate In 20 NCAA Division II sports. Weekends will be required.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Department/Division: Intercollegiate Athletics
Deadline Date for Filing Applications: June 28, 2017
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click "Apply now". Please include a cover letter which specifically addresses how your skills, education and experience relate to the above description, along with your resume, and a list of three references. The online application system will allow candidates to electronically attach these documents. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215.
Please Note: This position is partially funded through the NCAA Strategic Alliance Matching Grant, and will follow the hiring directives listed in the grant. For more information please see: http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016D2SAMG_Guidelines_20160819.pdf
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend