Academic Department Coordinator-Teaching & Learning(60%), Educational Foundations(40%)-College of Education
Job no: 492586
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Education
Position Title: Academic Department Coordinator - Educational Foundations (40%) and Teaching and Learning (60%), College of Education
Required Qualifications and Education:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience successfully maintaining positive intercultural and interpersonal professional relationships.
- Demonstrated experience successfully operating office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience successfully providing quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining and working with confidential records.
- Demonstrated record of satisfactory work performance and attendance.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience successfully using a variety of computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working independently, organizing own work and coordinating work activities of others.
- Possess strong grammar and proofreading skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Receive information in various forms and determine the appropriate method of processing.
- Responsible for the coordination/completion and quality of clerical work for the departments/offices, which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person; open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, including bulk mailings; typing memos and other correspondence; maintain office filing system.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating filing information, record keeping systems; paper and/or computer.
- Disseminate information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures and direct individuals to sources of additional information.
- Monitor departmental budget reports and reconcile the reports with the department/office’s records.
- Generate reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials, brochures, spreadsheets, and graphics and other similar materials using various computer systems.
- Coordinate all clerical duties associated with staff searches.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies; processing various university forms.
- Supervise student employees and may act as lead worker for other PSS.
- Process student employee payroll/Ultratime and maintain appropriate records monitoring available dollars.
- Maintain/schedule for orientation/advising/special projects/programs/events for departments.
- Act as liaison between department chair, faculty, staff, students, and outside agencies and organizations.
- Perform and coordinate scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and making arrangements for major meetings, conferences, exhibits, travel, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Manage/maintain supervisor’s schedule.
- Coordinate/monitor grade processing.
- Assist in academic year scheduling of courses, classrooms, times, and faculty for the department.
- Coordinate student evaluation process for faculty.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Salary: C3 Classification. Minimum starting wage of $16.46.
Department/Division: Teaching & Learning; Educational Foundations– College of Education
Campus: Pew Campus
Application Deadline Date: June 28, 2017
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu. Include a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references. The online application system will allow candidates to electronically attach these documents. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additional information about GVSU is available on our website at www.gvsu.edu.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend