Sport Leadership (Visiting Professor)-Movement Science
Job no: 492588
Work type: FAC - Visiting Faculty - 1st Year - Academic Year
Categories: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Summary: Grand Valley State is a masters-at-large, liberal arts college with just over 25,000 undergraduate and graduate students housed on two campuses in Allendale and Grand Rapids, Michigan. The exercise science program is contained within the Movement Science Department and has just over 1,000 undergraduate students across two different emphasis areas – Clinical and Health Fitness Instruction.
- A master’s degree in Sport Leadership, Sport Management, or a closely-related field is preferred.
- The committee is seeking an individual with a potential for excellence in teaching at the college and/or university level, and commitment to professional growth.
- Knowledge and expertise in sport leadership, sport management, or closely related field, to teach undergraduate courses that may include facility and event management, current topics in sport management, and field experience and internship supervision.
- Participate in outreach initiatives with local schools, and sport organizations.
- Assist in the coordination of National Girls and Women in Sports Day and other service programming.
- Develop and maintain relationships with sport industry professionals.
- Supervise the undergraduate student club.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Department/Division: Movement Science Department / College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Application Deadline: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click "Apply now". Include a letter of application, a CV, and a statement describing your teaching philosophy, experience, and strategies in the classroom. You will also need to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215. Contact Dr. Sally Ross, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com with questions about the position.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend