Head Golf Professional-The Meadows Golf Course
Job no: 492592
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
This position is a 12 month full time-position with excellent benefits (medical, dental, vacation, sick time, holidays, tuition reduction, retirement). More information details about benefits go to www.gvsu.edu/healthwellness.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Commitment to, and passion for, the mission of the university, the values of a service driven operation and best practices in customer service.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in golf course management with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility including golf tournament, event and league management.
- Passion for golf and demonstrated background in playing golf.
- Knowledge of the technology available for use in golf course operations.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a highly professional image with the ability to interact with customers, students, faculty and staff.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to complete projects on a timely basis and to manage multiple priorities.
- Proven planning skills.
- Awareness of trends in the golf industry and the ability to identify if/how they will enhance the operations at The Meadows.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Undergraduate degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- College and university or public golf course management.
- PGA Professional.
- Experience with Player Development Programs of all ages and levels.
- Experience with food and beverage service.
- Experience with golf course maintenance operations.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Help direct and lead profitable golf course operations including course maintenance, golf shop, and food and beverage operations.
- Help position The Meadows as best in class for customer service.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages inclusive and open communication, teamwork and entrepreneurship that emphasizes outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Identify and assess opportunities for innovation.
- Help develop, implement, and monitor marketing objectives.
- Supervision of temporary and student staff.
- Understand and help monitor and develop annual operational budgets and forecasts.
- Understand the financial reports including, but not limited to, daily deposits and sales reports in conformity with best practices established by the university, monthly financial statements, and financial comparison reports.
- Work with Director of Golf to develop and report on capital project plans to improve the overall golf operation.
- Help monitor and report on meaningful operational performance measures.
- Maintains professional growth and development.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by the Director of Golf.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Business & Finance
Application Deadline Date: The position will remain open until filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click “Apply now”. Please include a cover and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend