Director of Civic Learning and Community Engagement - Office of the Provost
Job no: 492599
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Required Qualifications and Education:
• Knowledge of university/community engagement best practices, drawn from the engagement literature and professional experience.
• Master’s degree.
• Professional experience in higher education.
• Collaborative work style.
• Ability to both develop strategy and implement specific objectives in the context of leading and managing multiple projects.
• Experience convening and facilitating groups to achieve outcomes.
• Capacity for relationship building with diverse individuals and groups.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated participation in the national engagement conversation.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
• Ph.D. preferred.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
• Support engagement-related aspects of the university.
• Lead efforts to implement the Campus Compact Civic Action Plan.
• Work closely with the Community Service Learning Center to strategically align GVSU’s curricular and co-curricular civic and community engagement.
• Collaborate with colleges and offices across the university to align activities and support engagement across the university.
• Serve as a liaison to community organizations.
• Celebrate faculty, staff, and student engagement through annual engagement awards and a biennial Civic Engagement Showcase.
• Facilitate communication on engagement opportunities, updates, and activities through newsletters, website, annual reports, and social media tools.
• Other duties as assigned.
Salary: The salary and benefit package is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Department/Division: Office of the Provost, Academic and Student Affairs Division
Campus: Office is located in Allendale, however, part of the assignment includes travel to other Grand Valley campuses and throughout the west Michigan area.
Application Deadline Date: Review of applications will begin August 7 and continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. Include a detailed letter of interest addressing the responsibilities and qualifications, your current vitae, and the names and contact information for three references. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend