Assistant Athletic Director for Game & Event Management - Athletics
Job no: 492602
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
- Bachelor's degree.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Candidates with professional experience in collegiate game and event operations preferred.
- All intercollegiate athletic (ICA) games and event operations
- Event and game set up and logistics (for athletic and outside events)
- Supervision of part-time assistant and student staff
- Communication with game officials and all university users/service providers
- Order necessary equipment and supplies
- Manage the game and event operations budget.
- Coordination of all event and game day set ups and logistics.
- Coordinate all staffing and physical set up for all athletic events and outside events held in athletic facilities.
- Communicating with Facility Services, Public Safety, Office of Student Life and other users/service providers for ICA events, special events, other campus events and facility repairs and problems.
- Hiring, paying and scheduling of game and event staff (PA, Scorer, Timers, etc.).
- Maintain and implement a training manual for all staffing within the game and event operations department.
- Provide management support including the development and maintenance of the departmental budget and fostering collegial working relationships with university administration and student services departments.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package included. This is a full-time, year around position.
Department/Division: Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, Finance & Administration Division
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
How To Apply: Please apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu. Please include a letter of application and resume, along with a list of three references. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you have questions or need assistance, please phone Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend