Marketing (Assistant Professor) - Seidman College of Business
Job no: 492610
Work type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Seidman College of Business
Summary: The Seidman College of Business, fully accredited by AACSB International, values and supports a blend of excellent teaching and scholarly productivity. The atmosphere at the Seidman College of Business is highly collegial, with opportunities for outstanding professional growth. The University and Seidman offer an excellent benefits package. Grand Valley State University has over 25,000 students and the Marketing Department has 12 full-time faculty. Grand Rapids, the second largest city in Michigan, is a vibrant, exciting area offering many cultural and leisure activities.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Applicants are expected to have earned a Ph.D. or DBA in Marketing, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management from an AACSB accredited institution by August 2018.
- The candidate may be expected to teach in both the undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Candidates must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Candidates should have experience or a strong interest in teaching logistics or supply chain management. Interest in consumer behavior or marketing research may also be considered.
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching and a strong personal research stream for publication output or potential for research productivity.
- Preference will be given to those who have business experience, a willingness to integrate contemporary business practices and technologies in curriculum offerings, and enhance the department's chosen areas of excellence.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- The selected candidate will be expected to teach nine credit hours each semester.
- Scholarship in quality journals and service activity is required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience that is AACSB Competitive.
Department/Division: Department of Marketing - Seidman College of Business.
Campus: Pew Campus, Grand Rapids. Grand Valley State University has over 25,000 students and the Marketing Department has 12 full-time faculty.
Application Deadline Date: A review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click “Apply now”. Applicants must attach the following (in PDF format) to the online application:
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Unofficial transcripts from the Ph.D. granting institution
4. An example of a recently published article or dissertation chapter
5. A statement of teaching philosophy
6. All teaching evaluations from the two most recent years of teaching experience with department/school comparisons
The online system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. (Do not mail or email copies of these materials.) Three letters of recommendation are required and will be requested electronically from the references you provide on your online application. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you have questions or need assistance with the online system, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend