Director of Athletics Communications & Broadcasting-Athletics
Job no: 492618
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Grand Valley State University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Athletic Communications and Broadcasting. The position is a full-time appointment and will report to the Associate Director of Athletics for Communications. Grand Valley State has a 20-sport NCAA DII program that competes at a high level in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC).
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or a related field.
- A minimum of three years professional experience.
- Working knowledge of Statcrew programs in various sports.
- Must have strong written, oral communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of collegiate athletics.
- Applicants should have the ability and willingness to work extended nights and weekends and travel with teams as necessary.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of assigned sports, which could include, but are not limited to volleyball, men’s basketball and softball.
- Layout and design of media guides.
- Write, edit and distribute press releases, game programs and game notes.
- Updating www.gvsulakers.com
- Operating computer programs including PhotoShop, QuarkXpress, StatCrew and Final Cut software and all facets of digital media.
- Coordinate the Grand Valley Sports Network (radio, internet, tv) operation which includes radio/tv formats, programming, marketing of the broadcasts.
- Be a liaison with university communications production, broadcasting rights holders, ESPN 3 and media partners with the Grand Valley Sports Network.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package included. This is a full-time, year around position.
Department/Division: Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, Finance & Administration Division
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend