Alumni Relations Assistant - Alumni Relations
Job no: 492627
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Development/Alumni Relations
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience. Related college course work may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Typing and spelling competency.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications, Word, Excel, Visio, Publisher, etc.
- Demonstrated successful experience in meeting the needs and requests of diverse university offices, constituency groups and individuals.
- Ability to interact in a confidential manner with internal and external constituents.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to attend events at various locations.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 30#.
- Must be able to do setups and teardowns of room (re) arrangements.
- Must be able to operate audiovisual equipment (laptop, projectors, pa system, etc.).
- Bachelor degree.
- Higher education work experience.
- Event planning experience - conferences, meetings, special events.
- Data entry into the Alumni/Development Millennium database. Assist in coding and updating information including alumni volunteers. Also approve LinkedIn requests and code appropriately in Millennium.
- Responsible for electronic calendar of university events for use with staff and students.
- Responsible for credit card, cash and check deposits for Alumni Relations events.
- Performs clerical support for the Director, Associate Director, and Assistant Directors.
- Complies and logically formats statistical data and reports.
- Complete Millennium reporting request (Regional, giving and volunteer reports).
- Receives information and requests from diverse publics, both internal and external to the University, and determines the appropriate way to handle.
- Coordinate internal/external events for staff including, but not limited to: annual volunteer celebration, award dinners, special events, regional events and senior staff dinner events across the country.
- Recruit and schedule volunteers for Freshmen Move-In event.
- Coordinate volunteers for Community Outreach Week and compile data received from alumni.
- Organize and facilitate yearly All Alumni Golf Outing with volunteers and other alumni friend raising and fundraising events.
- Recruits and coordinates volunteers for Alumni Mentor Program with Student Services targeting first generation college students.
- Attends office and unit events, monitoring what events are happening on GVSU campuses.
- Discovery Calls-visits/communication through personal contacts, phone, events and correspondence in an effort to broaden the base.
- Includes some travel, evenings, and weekends.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the director.
Job Classification/Range: C4 Level. Minimum starting wage of $18.59
Campus: Grand Rapids
Application Deadline: August 24, 2017
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. On the application you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend