Office of Sponsored Programs Asstistant-Office of Sponsored Programs
Job no: 492628
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Our central grants-and-contracts office seeks a dynamic, experienced, high-energy administrative professional to manage office operations and supervise student workers in support of the Director of the Office of Sponsored Programs and three grants-and-contracts specialists on our beautiful Allendale campus. We’re looking for a take-charge individual who enjoys working with a diverse range of people, driving positive change, and learning new skills. The successful candidate will have immediate opportunities to contribute substantially to the OSP’s strategic efforts in process improvement, outreach, training, and more.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of four years of experience in a position which required demonstration of administrative and organizational skills. Related college course work/degree may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Typing and spelling competency.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully coordinate large projects.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle differing situations and problems in the work routine by exercising judgment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with sponsored agreements or contracts
- Database development skills (MS Access)
- Workflow development skills (MS Visio)
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Receives information in various forms and determines the appropriate method of processing.
- Responsible for the coordination/completion and the quality of the clerical work for the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person; open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, including bulk mailings; typing memos and other correspondence; maintain office filing system.
- Acts as liaison for the Office in situations as designated by the Director.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating all grants files and other official records, record keeping systems; records retention/disposition; etc. Records are both paper and/or electronic.
- Responsible for data entry of grant proposals/awards in Cayuse424, Microsoft Access, and Banner.
- Compiles and logically formats statistical data and reports, and assists in the creation of annual reports, monthly reports, presentations, and other publications utilizing this data. This data is disseminated within the University and externally.
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Maintains and monitors/analyzes complex budgetary records by performing bookkeeping related duties such as reconciling, monitoring, making/tracking expenditures, preparing budget statements regarding the status of accounts and making recommendations as to projected budgets. Requires knowledge and skill in using BANNER Finance.
- Develops, prepares, and/or composes responses to memos and correspondence requiring research, judgment and discretion routinely writes, edits and submits materials for internal/external communications
- Generates reports, correspondence, presentation materials, spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials using computer systems.
- Edits correspondence, reports, and materials for publications. Compiles data and materials for presentations and proposals.
- Creates and maintains database systems (Access, Excel, Cayuse424, Cayuse Analytics, banner, etc.).
- Maintains and updates the Office of Sponsored Programs website.
- Coordinates scheduling tasks and support services associated with major meetings, conferences, training sessions, travel, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies; processing various university forms.
- Supervise student employees and graduate assistants.
- Process student employee Ultratime and maintain appropriate records monitoring available dollars.
- Manage/maintain Director, schedule
- Coordinate all clerical duties associated with staff searches, special functions, and special assignments, as directed
- Coordinate and maintain OSP resources, i.e. library, vouchers, handouts.
- Coordinates OSP space planning needs, all equipment needs, and supplies.
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Conducts special projects and assignments as directed by Director.
- Performs administrative work of a confidential nature, as requested by the Director, OSP.
- Coordinates special events and functions (e.g. Grants on the Grand, grants training, etc.)
- Other related duties as assigned.
Job Classification/Range: C4 Level. Minimum starting wage of $18.59
Application Deadline: August 22, 2017
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend