Digital Support Specialist - Visual & Media Arts
Job no: 492652
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expertise/work experience with the Macintosh platform
- Knowledge of PC components and networks.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Responsible for supporting, maintaining, monitoring, updating, troubleshooting, and repairing one or more of the following – Macintosh computer systems (including servers and workstations), network components, software and applications in the Department of Visual and Media Art.
- Candidate must have the ability to interface effectively with GVSU Information Technology department and other departments as required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of classroom/studio mini-labs hardware and software, faculty and staff computers, and department servers
- Maintain and coordinate special networking and printing needs
- Technical support for the Visual Resources Library
- Maintain laptop cart scheduling, training, etc.
- Clerical oversight of department digital assets and needs - inventories of equipment and software, equipment and software ordering, etc.
- Train student support staff to assist faculty and students
- Technical assistance for the Digital Print Shop
- Assist with maintenance of the department website and online resources
- Assist the department with future planning for digital needs
Salary: Competitive: commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Department of Visual and Media Arts/College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Application Deadline: September 24, 2017
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click “Apply now”. Include a letter of interest addressing qualifications and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. For more information contact: email@example.com, Department of Visual and Media Arts: http://www.gvsu.edu/vma.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend