Office Coordinator - Hauenstein Center for Presidential Studies
Job no: 492721
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Development/Alumni Relations
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work, and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience with accounting including invoices and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability for positive interaction with tact and diplomacy regarding donor and department concerns.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Typing and spelling competency.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- Ability to maintain focus and work effectively during long periods of pressure and heavy workloads.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Advanced experience with budgets and accounting.
- Knowledge of Millennium software or other fundraising applications.
- Experience in a fundraising and/or higher education administration.
- A team-oriented contributor who is self-motivated with a desire to produce work of the highest quality.
- Supervisory experience.
- Responsible for the coordination, completion, and quality of clerical work for the office which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person, open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, typing memos and other correspondence.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating files and record keeping systems, paper and computerized.
- Initiates, monitors, and approves all invoices, transfer requests, and journals using OnBase software.
- Monitors budget reports from accounting and reconciles the reports with the office’s records.
- Maintains all budgets: bookkeeping, reconciling, monitoring, making and tracking expenditures, preparing budget statements, developing status reports, making recommendations for projected budgets. Including investigating discrepancies and make appropriate adjustments.
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Generates reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials using computer systems.
- Performs and coordinates scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and making arrangements for major meetings, conferences, exhibits, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Initiates and schedules all travel for both internal and external contacts.
- Orders office supplies.
- Supervises student employees.
- Processes student employee UltraTime and maintains appropriate records monitoring available dollars.
- Manages and maintains supervisor’s schedule and the calendar for the Hauenstein Center for Presidential Studies.
- Coordinates all clerical duties associated with adjunct and student searches.
- Conducts special projects and assignments as directed.
- Assists in coordinating special events and functions.
- Uses Millennium to prepare reports which may require data entry, compiling and computing statistical data.
- Prepares correspondence, travel and expense reports, P-Card statements for approval, and various other university forms.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Job Classification/Range: C3 Level. Minimum starting wage of $16.79
Campus: Grand Rapids
Application Deadline: December 3, 2017
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend