Mechanical Engineering and Physical Therapy (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor) - School of Engineering and Computing and Physical Therapy
Job no: 492756
Work type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Health Professions, Padnos College of Engineering & Computing
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Doctoral degree in mechanical engineering or closely related field
- Familiarity with microprocessor based control systems
- Proficiency with hardware and software commonly used in the field of biomechanics research including, but not limited to, motion capture (e.g. Vicon), force plates, electromyography and pedobarography
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Publications in relevant and reputable peer-reviewed journals
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Relevant computer programming for the assessment of human biomechanics including programs such as Visual3D
- Inter-institutional research collaboration
- Implementation of microprocessors into control systems as well as Matlab and Simulink
- Functional knowledge of anatomy and/or kinesiology
Responsibilities - Essential Functions:
- Teach upper-division mechanical engineering classes, and assist in teaching doctorate level physical therapy courses during a 12-month contract year
- Teach both lecture and laboratory in areas including dynamics, and system dynamics and control
- Assist in the development of new courses related to biomechanics for undergraduate and graduate students. Support a high-quality motion analysis laboratory
- Mentor engineering and physical therapy graduate students in conducting and disseminating high quality research
- Assist in the development of, conduction of, and funding for research in the motion analysis laboratory within and between the University's physical therapy and engineering programs
- Supervision of an undergraduate engineering co-op student and/or graduate assistant
- Provide support to the mission and vision of the associated units and the University
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Campus: Robert C. Pew, Grand Rapids, MI
Application Deadline: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The start date for this position is August 6, 2018
How To Apply: Detailed information and the on-line application process are available at www.jobs.gvsu.edu Include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and at least three references with name, address, phone and e-mail address. If you have any questions, please call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend