Internal Posting Only: Institutional Marketing Assistant (Clerical) - Institutional Marketing
Job no: 492762
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
This is an internal posting only.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience in a position which required demonstration of administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle differing situations and problems in the work routine by exercising judgment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work, and coordinate work activities of other staff and students.
- Demonstrated experience in scheduling multi-member meetings.
- Some college course work.
- Higher education work experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Banner, and OnBase.
- Assists the Associate Vice President with projects and maintaining timelines.
- Responsible for tracking status of various projects submitted to Institutional Marketing staff.
- Acts as point of contact for questions/concerns from internal and external customers.
- Maintains Associate Vice President's calendar and responsible for scheduling multi-member meetings.
- Determines appropriate method of processing inter and intra departmental documents.
- Responsible for the coordination/completion and the quality of the clerical work for the department which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person, opening and routing incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, and generating reports.
- Estimates print projects and ordering reprints of projects.
- Distributes materials requiring research, judgment, and discretion for internal/external communications.
- Acts with a high degree of independence as a liaison with internal and external contacts and departments in preparing materials, updates and other functions related to Institutional Marketing.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating paper and/or digital files, spreadsheets, and record keeping systems.
- Compiles and logically formats reports.
- Processes, reconciles, submits, and maintains and analyzes complex budgetary records.
- Processes payables, receivables, distributes invoices to project managers for approval, and processes them through OnBase, including interdepartmental charges, vendor payments, and travel and expense reimbursement.
- Contacts vendors regarding proper vendor payment procedures.
- Performs and coordinates scheduling tasks and support services associated with convening meetings and special events with people internal or external to GVSU. Includes reserving rooms and equipment needed, confirmation of attendance, and arranging for parking and catering.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and ordering office supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for coordinating assistance for equipment repair.
- Recruits, hires, and supervises student employees.
- Process student employee UltraTime and maintain appropriate records monitoring available dollars.
- Coordinates clerical duties associated with staff searches and adjunct employee contract renewals.
- Maintains expiration dates of adjunct AP appointments.
- Coordinates and maintains departmental resources, i.e. library, handouts, subscriptions, memberships.
- Distributes Fall Arts posters throughout West Michigan and maintains a spreadsheet of locations.
- Conducts special projects and assignments as directed.
- Coordinates special events and functions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule, and coordinate the work of student employees.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Job Classification/Range: C4 Level. Minimum starting wage of $18.96
Application Deadline: January 25, 2018
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend