Standard Patient Program Assistant Coordinator - Simulation Center
Job no: 492763
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Vice Provost for Health
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must be a Registered Nurse.
- Experienced with program planning, developing, implementing, and evaluation.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with capacity to learn new software systems
- Flexibility in schedule is required due to Standard Patient (SP) event times.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s degree in educational technology, education, or health-related discipline preferred.
- Experience in standard patient methodology and/or simulation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of education theory and principles and methods of adult education desired.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator or ability to obtain within two years of employment.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Assists the SP Coordinator in operational aspects of the program as requested, following all program policies and procedures.
- Provides coverage for SP Coordinator in their absence.
- Organize various SP events.
- Works with SP Coordinator to create a SP schedule for each semester.
- Coordinate several SP orientations throughout the year including invites and RSVPs from new SP’s. Works with SP Coordinator in the creation of orientation materials and folders.
- Responsible for the recruiting, scheduling, hiring, confirming, and facilitating standardized patient events as assigned.
- Responsible for all SP employment applications and forms, emailing letters of hire, and performing multiple confirmations of SP work schedules in accordance with SP Program established procedures.
- Distribute application, background check and personnel form by email to SP’s as designated by Standardized Patient Coordinator based on initial contact with prospective SP.
- Ensures the completion and accuracy of all required employment forms. Processes forms according to established procedure.
- Ensures that parking permits are created for each temporary hourly SP and delivered to parking booth prior to every event.
- Oversee data entry of all hours worked by each SP into payroll Ultratime program.
- Authorize bi-weekly payroll using Ultratime for temporary hourly employees and Sim Center Lab Assistants.
- Process hours for GVSU faculty / staff to GVSU Human Resources and
- process one time pay hours for GVSU students through GVSU Student Employment Office.
- Work with SP Coordinator to ensure that faculty is emailed the faculty survey after each designated SP event.
- Ensure that guest access is obtained each week and post guest login / password so SP’s can access GVSU network.
- Work with SP Coordinator to maintain both Standardized Patient Manual and Faculty Standardized Patient Program manual.
- Assists in the development of new and revised policies and procedures.
- Assist SP Coordinator in the drafting of the online SP program newsletter and coordinate the distribution of newsletter.
- Works with SP Coordinator to promote and expand the use of the SP methodology with internal and external clients.
- Participates in simulation events, learning lab experiences, data collection, publication, and presentation of research at the local, national, and/or international level.
- Supervise student and temporary employees.
- Actively seeks professional development opportunities and certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and degree
Department/Division: Office of the Vice Provost for Health – Simulation Center
Campus: Pew Campus: Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences
Application Deadline Date: Open until filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. On the application you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend