Database Coordinator - Univerisity Counseling Center
Job no: 492766
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Categories: Student Services
- Maintain, manage, format, and report retrieval for the University Counseling Center's confidential client information database. The database, Titanium, includes statistical reporting features, note keeping features, and a scheduling system.
- Monitor and reconcile department budgets. Oversee all purchasing functions.
- Provide front office reception, including scheduling client appointments and telephone assistance as needed to provide back-up to Office Coordinator during peak times.
- Prepare and oversee contracts with outside vendors (e.g., speakers, technology support).
- Compile and logically format statistical data, tables, and reports for the Director, including assisting with the Center's annual report.
- Disseminate, collect, and compile results of client satisfaction surveys.
- Perform and coordinate support services associated with preparing and making arrangements for major meetings, conferences, exhibits, travel, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
- Serve as technology support for staff, including maintenance and troubleshooting of the client video recording system.
- Provide clerical support to the Director and professional staff.
- Provide editing and proofreading assistance to the Director.
- Assist the Director in special projects and assignments as needed.
- Disseminate information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and school policies and procedures, and direct individuals to sources of additional information.
- Receive information in various forms and determine the appropriate method of processing.
- Conduct special projects and assignments as directed.
- Assist with supervision of student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related work experiences and/or relevant training/education.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to be calm and composed with distressed parents and students.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding students utilizing counseling services.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people in a service capacity.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance, attendance records, and punctuality.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Typing and spelling competency.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a busy service environment.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree.
- Budgetary/purchasing work experience.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Database work experience.
- Experience in a mental health, wellness, or medical setting.
Receives instruction and supervision from the Director, but is generally expected to work independently.
Train and/or supervise the work of student employees.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Job Classification/Range: C3 Level. Minimum starting wage of $16.79
Application Deadline: January 29, 2018
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend