Assistant or Associate Professor - Kirkhof College of Nursing
Job no: 492775
Work type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Kirkhof College of Nursing
Grand Valley State University is a comprehensive university with an enrollment of over 25,000 on its two main campuses in Allendale, MI and Grand Rapids, MI. Located close to Lake Michigan and set in the natural beauty of West Michigan, Grand Valley enjoys the advantages of being in one of the economically strongest and fastest growing areas of the state. The KCON is housed in a state-of-the-art facility located on "Health Hill" in Grand Rapids; our Academic Nurse Managed Center is located in close proximity. GVSU's College of Health Professions and nearby locations of the Spectrum Health Campus and the Van Andel Research Institute provide opportunity for interdisciplinary and partnership collaborations. The KCON has over 1,500 students enrolled in their CCNE accredited BSN, MSN and DNP degree program.
- College of Nursing external mentor program to promote faculty scholarship
- College of Nursing Research Office
- Robert & Mary Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Center for Scholarly and Creative Excellence
- Work Life Program to assist in achieving a balanced life between work and personal needs
Successful candidates will promote advancement and success in one of four Centers of Distinction through contributions promoting the integration of teaching, research, practice, and service. We desire to grow and maintain a diverse, collegial, and interdisciplinary environment.
Centers of Distinction
- The Aging Population: Best Practices
- Human Response in Health and Illness
- Reforming Health Care Delivery and Education
- Vulnerable Populations: Best Practices
- Earned masters in Nursing
- Earned Doctorate (in nursing preferred, PhD or DNP)
- Preference for applicants with expertise in psych/mental health, community health, pediatrics or nursing administration; and applicants with certification as Adult/Gero NP, or PMHNP.
- Ability to meet criteria for appointment at the level of professor, associate professor, or assistant professor
- Evidence of area of expertise and an identified program of scholarship
- Minimum of one year teaching experience at undergraduate and/or graduate levels
Expectations of the position include teaching, scholarship, and service, with opportunities for professional practice as desired.
Salary and rank commensurate with experience
If more information desired, please contact the Dean, Dr. Cynthia McCurren, (616) 331-5726.
How To Apply: Apply online at www.jobs.gvsu.edu. Include a cover letter, resume (or CV), unofficial transcripts, and identify three (3) professional references. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. A complete list of benefits can be found at http://bit.ly/2xl7fsQ. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline Date: Open to filled
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend