MiSTEM Network Region 8 STEM Education Coordinator - Regional Math and Science Center
Job no: 492789
Work type: EAP - Less than 12-Month Adjunct Administrative Professional
Categories: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Summary: In order to coordinate and support regional science, technology, engineering, mathematics and related activities and education, the newly formed MiSTEM Network Region 8, hosted at GVSU and covering Allegan, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, and Ottawa counties, is searching for a STEM Education Coordinator. This position works directly with STEM education stakeholders, under direction of the MiSTEM Network Region 8 Director and the state MiSTEM Network Executive Director, in order to improve educational outcomes, literacy, and attainment in the region. This is a grant-funded position, which will initially run through October 1, 2018 with the possibility of extension beyond.
Required Qualifications and Education:
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s degree or higher in an education discipline
- Experience bridging education with business and industry
- Experience facilitating STEM professional learning
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Reports to the MiSTEM Network Region 8 Director and works under the guidance of the MiSTEM Network state Executive Director
- Coordinates activities with the MiSTEM Network Region 8 business, community and education liaison.
- Works to empower STEM teachers and ensure high quality STEM experiences for students
- Participates actively in the strategic planning for MiSTEM Network Region 8
- Assists local ISDs and districts in finding and implementing high-quality and accessible STEM education professional learning for teachers
- Works to provide teachers with high-quality, high-impact, hands-on opportunities to promote integrated STEM instruction, including experiential learning
- Engages with higher education stakeholders in the region to connect expertise and best-practice research on teacher and student learning
- Connects local students with high-quality, high-impact educational experiences, including summer camps, internships, and other recognized STEM experiences
- Works to collect and analyze local student-level data, both quantitative and qualitative, to track student STEM outcomes
- Supports district efforts to identify and implement STEMworks approved programs with funding from the state and other sources
- Assists in the compilation and communication of authentic STEM experiences for teachers and students, and to assist in the creation of a MiSTEM Network Region 8 web portal for this resource
- Active coordination, including travel, with stakeholders in Allegan, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo and Ottawa Counties.
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000, commensurate with experience.
Department/Division: CLAS / Regional Math and Science Center
Campus: Allendale, with some travel throughout the Region listed above
Application Deadline Date: March 4, 2018
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend