Living Center Director - Housing and Residence Life
Job no: 492792
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Student Services
- Bachelor’s degree required and experience working with students in a college setting.
- Master’s in Student Affairs preferred and one year experience working in a university residential setting. Prefer experience in supervision, budget oversight, leadership of an assigned living area, supporting students academically, planning and implementing programs for students, working with facilities management and strong computer skills.
Supervision and management of residential area housing consisting of 500-700 co-ed residents with multiple Resident Assistants and Graduate Assistant staff. Position includes:
- Advising, Academic Support, Budgeting, Counseling, Discipline, Educational Programming, Administrative duties and Facilities Management.
- This position will include on-call duty responsibility, collaboration with Campus Partners and Department Committee participation.
- We seek individuals who demonstrate critical thinking skills, have an interest in engaging and educating students and are able to balance personal and work life.
- Below you will find the Office of Housing and Residence Life’s Mission, Vision and Values at Grand Valley State University.
“Collaborating to provide opportunities for student learning and success through inclusive residential communities and experiences.”
Model and provide a safe and inclusive learning environment which challenges and supports students through opportunities for engagement and development.
The Office of Housing and Residential Life values the education and success of students and staff, through the following:
- Liberal education through student development in critical thinking, self -awareness and active citizenship
- Intercultural competency by providing inclusive and supportive environments where diverse voices and experiences are celebrated and personal growth is encouraged
- Triple bottom line Sustainability, including 1) economic (fiscal responsibility) 2) environmental (physical surroundings) and 3) social equity (employee hiring and development)
Salary: Competitive annual salary, furnished apartment, meal plan and full university benefits.
Department/Division: Division of Student Services
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply: Apply on line at http://jobs.gvsu.edu Please include cover letter and resume. For assistance, contact Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend