Assistant/Associate Professor - Padnos College of Engineering and Computing - Electrical/Computer Engineering
Job no: 492799
Work type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Padnos College of Engineering & Computing
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Applicants must have a doctorate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or a closely related field.
- Applicants must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants must be committed to the highest quality of laboratory and project-based teaching along with scholarly and professional development.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
Preference will be given to:
- Applicants with teaching and industrial experience, along with experience related to recruiting and managing industrial grade projects.
- Applicants with an ability to participate in and capitalize upon existing collaborations with our West Michigan industrial partners and with a history of external funding.
- Applicants with experience in Embedded Systems such as embedded system design, micro-controllers, firmware development, and PCB design.
- Applicants with additional experience in bioinstrumentation and biopotentials.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
This position involves teaching in our undergraduate and graduate engineering programs, service to the unit, college, university, and community, and professional development (including scholarship). Curriculum and course development is also expected. This applicant will support our co-op-education and project-based curriculum as well as industrial collaborations.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Department/Division: Padnos College of Engineering and Computing, School of Engineering
Campus: Pew Campus
Application Deadline Date: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
How To Apply: Applications accepted online only at jobs.gvsu.edu . Please include a cover letter, resume, teaching statement, and at least three references with name, address, telephone, and e-mail address. The online application will allow you to attach these and other relevant supporting documents electronically. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend