Facilities Services Supervisor
Job no: 492806
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Facilities/Custodial/Skilled Trades
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience with full-time, hourly employees, and five years experience managing custodial operations, preferably within an educational or similar institution.
- Requires excellent communication skills, written skills, and strong demonstrated customer service orientation. Primarily a second/third shift schedule, flexible work schedule with rotating weekend duties.
- Directing and managing all aspects of custodial services in designated buildings, including basic custodial operations, special event coordination, requisitioning/purchasing supplies, trash removal, pest control and maintenance of building entrances.
- Coordinating activities of custodial staff responsible for completion of work orders.
- Routinely inspecting designated buildings and entrances, documenting findings and taking appropriate corrective measures to ensure satisfactory performance.
- Coordinating assigned activities and special projects with various academic and administrative departments to ensure effective service levels.
- Assuring that the policies of the University, and of Facilities Services and Planning, as well as all safety regulations, are known and observed by custodial staff.
- Working with other supervisors and Associate Vice President of Facilities Services in establishing priorities for budget, custodial purchases, and capital equipment.
- Maintaining effective communication with customers, staff, and co-workers.
- Supervising and coordinating work of an Assistant Facilities Supervisor
- Interviewing, hiring, training and supervising hourly service staff including interpretation of bargaining agreements, imposition of discipline, and grievance response.
- Hiring, supervising student employees and temporary employees on an as-needed basis.
- Assisting other Facilities Services staff as assigned including rotating weekend duties and coordinating special events.
Salary: $50,000 – 57,000
Department/Division: Facilities Services
Application Deadline: Screening will begin March 30, 2018.
How to Apply: Apply online at www.jobs.gvsu.edu. Please include a cover letter, resume and references. The online system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance with the online application, please call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend