Accounting Assistant - Controller's Office
Job no: 492808
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
- Collect and interpret daily banking activity reports.
- Maintain daily bank sheet database.
- Audit and reconcile cash reports and process incoming/outgoing transactions to the appropriate accounting system.
- Correct and modify inaccurate files and records.
- Perform daily transactional processing of EFT and check payments.
- Set up and maintain EFT vendors in appropriate accounting system.
- Prepare short-term cash projections for the Director of Treasury & Tax.
- Research and resolve credit card disputes and process credit card refunds.
- Oversee the distribution and security of credit card terminals utilized on temporary basis.
- Manage banking supplies/distribution and support the administration of armor car services.
- Maintain Bank Desk procedural manual.
- Produce ad hoc reports and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Assist the Controller as needed.
- Assist with training of system users.
- Assist in month-end reconciliations.
- Maintenance of financial registers, logs, and spreadsheets.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training.
- Experience with various computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and/or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Data entry experience.
- Typing and spelling competency with grammar and proofreading skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Ability to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationship.
- Ability to interpret and process financial records.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- Experience in higher education or banking.
- Experience with Microsoft Access.
- Familiarity with on-line banking systems.
- Awareness of Cyber Security standards including PCI.
Salary: C-3 Level. Minimum starting salary of $16.79
Application Deadline: March 22, 2017
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Job Category: Professional Support Staff
Job Type: Full Time
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other PSS staff members within the department/unit/division.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend