Tickets and Merchandise Director - Athletics
Job no: 492824
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two years athletic ticketing experience.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work, handle multiple demands efficiently, think ahead, anticipate issues, and successfully work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, grammar and proofreading skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently, coordinate large projects or events.
- Must be available some nights and weekends.
- Master’s Degree
- Three to five years of experience in NCAA athletic ticketing and merchandising experience.
- Merchandising experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Perform duties related to developing a comprehensive multimedia marketing plan that maximizes ticket revenue (group and season ticket sales) and spectator attendance for varsity football, volleyball, women’s soccer, women’s lacrosse, women’s and men’s track & field, men’s basketball and women’s basketball programs.
- This involves soliciting, coordinating and implementing corporate and community programs to promote sports programs providing the BEST customer service.
- Responsible for all ticket sales including e-ticketing, ticket packages, group ticket sales & football season ticket sales. This involves ticket marketing (including using ticket system for data opportunities).
- Responsible for management of ticket operations including hospitality activities with corporate partners, football suites and game day customer service. Will also develop and implement special fan events (i.e. community night, ticket related). Exit couponing. Ticket Staff (hiring and training).
- Responsible for all outreach initiatives; manage and create new opportunities off campus events (Community Caravan, ticket tour, parades, appearances, back to school events, zoo days). Responsible for the GVSU Kids Club Program.
- Responsible for management of GVSU Athletics Merchandising operation (Louie’s Locker Room) and sales - operation of all venues, store and online sales, includes shipping and inventory, customer service, training of staff.
- Promoting and marketing for all venue and online merchandise sales.
- Management of athletics licensing program. Review retail requests.
- Provide management support including the development and maintenance of the departmental budget, unit and marketing plans, fostering collegial working relationships with university administration and student services departments.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Sales and Marketing.
District/Division: Finance and Administration
Salary: $35,000 - $40,000
Application Deadline: Position open until filled.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend