Adjunct AP WGVU Inclusion Reporter - WGVU TV
Job no: 492832
Work type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Public Broadcasting
WGVU Public Media, as part of its ongoing commitment to promote diversity, inclusion and equity, is seeking a reporter to engage local and regional audiences in conversations about racial disparities, inclusion, and community. We're looking for an innovative reporter interested in exploring the systemic issues of race, poverty and class in the communities we serve.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Reporting experience
- Understanding of digital technology
- Must be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of intersectionality and systemic racism both personally and in their body of work
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Television or radio anchoring experience
- WGVU employees are deemed essential staff and are expected to report to work during cancellations or closures.
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- WGVU is a drug and nicotine free environment
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Engage audiences with storytelling across multiple platforms including TV, radio and social media
- Produce & anchor newscasts for both television and radio. General reporting responsibilities. Regular television and radio broadcasts, and an extensive social media presence
- Explore issues critical to the region that tie into equity, including a focus on health, educational, and economic disparities
- Convene and consult with a core group of partnering organizations from throughout West & Southwest Michigan to discuss issues of importance that will help shape the radio and television programming
- Assist with public forums designed to help foster community discussion around the issues of race and justice that are impacting the region. These forums will include local experts, community leaders, and concerned citizens
- Process grant deliverables and related responsibilities efficiently and effectively
- Willing to be on air during AM, FM, TV Membership Drives
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Provide appropriate level of support to other WGVU staff
- Other duties as assigned
Department/Division: WGVU Public Media/University Relations
Campus: Grand Rapids
Salary: $40,000 annually
Application Deadline Date:
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend