Adjunct Peace Corps Recruiter - Padnos International Center
Job no: 492846
Work type: EAP - Less than 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Categories: Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Must have completed at least one full term as a Volunteer (RPCV) in the U.S. Peace Corps, with overseas placement.
- Bachelors degree in any discipline
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as this position requires a great deal of public speaking
- Ability to work independently
- Confidence in networking and outreach
- Foreign language proficiency comparable to at least 3 semesters of university language coursework.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Work experience in a university setting
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Attain specific goals in developing leads, and in suitable applicants to the Peace Corps
- Recruit specific skills sought by the Peace Corps
- Increase public awareness about the Peace Corps
- Develop and implement a schedule of recruiting activities, including presentations to classes, campus and community organizations, and outreach/tabling.
- Travel to and recruit at West Michigan colleges and universities
- Conduct outreach and publicity that promote the Peace Corps in general and the campus recruiters recruiting efforts in particular; this will include promotion through web listings, flyers, direct communications and email, social media, and other outlets.
- Connect Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCV) to one another and to potential applicants
- Maintaining regular office hours
- Updating and maintaining databases for prospective leads
- Identifying and working with offices and units at GVSU and other institutions that may aid in the effort to publicize the Peace Corps and its career opportunities
- Submitting required monthly and annual reports to the Midwest Regional Office
- Report on activities and recruitment
Salary: $15,500 per 12-month contract; benefit information found here. Please click on the link for Adjunct EAP Staff Benefits.
Department/Division: Padnos International Center, Brooks College, Academic & Student Affairs Division
Application Deadline Date: June 4, 2018
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter, resume, and transcripts. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend