Women's Lacrosse Head Coach - Athletics
Job no: 492855
Work type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years’ experience coaching and recruiting competitive collegiate lacrosse.
- Must have a thorough understanding of and accountability to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student-athlete, and to the highest of ethical standards.
- Master’s Degree
- Over two years of coaching and recruiting competitive collegiate Lacrosse.
- Leadership and management of all aspects of a collegiate lacrosse program including, but not limited to evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes, scheduling, practice preparation, game strategy, training and player development, scouting, team travel, academic monitoring, hiring and supervision of assistant coaches, community service, and other activities associated with running a successful program
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility within confines of budget appropriation.
- Fund raising for the program through camps, clinics, and other initiatives.
- Conduct program with honesty and integrity per NCAA and GLIAC rules and regulations.
- Cultivate lacrosse program alumni.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Department/Division: Intercollegiate Athletics (Finance & Administration Division)
Deadline Date for Filing Applications: The position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
How to Apply: Please apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu Please include a letter of application which specifically addresses how your skills, education and experience relate to the above description, along with your resume, and a list of three references. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you have questions or need assistance, please phone Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend