Business Development Coordinator - WGVU Public media
Job no: 492870
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Public Broadcasting
Required Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior outside and media sales experience
- Must have proven successful selling experience including record of meeting and exceeding sales goals, good presentation skills and history of excellent customer service
- Must have own reliable transportation and valid driver’s license for making sales call outside of the office
- Strong writing skills, attention to detail, superior organizational skills and the ability to work independently and with others are required
- Basic computer skills required-Word processing, spreadsheet, web, and database experience
- Must be willing to be on air for WGVU AM/FM/TV.
- Candidates must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Prior Public Media sales experience preferred
- Minimum of three years business-to-business or sponsorship sales experience preferred
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Personally call on and develop customer contacts in West and Southwest Michigan.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales revenue goals.
- Sell new, develop, and maintain corporate sponsorships for WGVU.
- Participate and assist WGVU staff with volunteer functions as needed, nights and weekends may be required.
- Attend community meetings and events to represent WGVU.
- Handle paperwork in a timely manner and complete all required tasks to properly service client needs.
- Communicate effectively with client and station personnel to provide the highest level of service.
- Represent WGVU with professionalism and integrity.
- Willingness to be on television and radio.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: $20,070 + 13% commission (plus bonuses if goals are met)
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Application Deadline Date: June 30, 2018
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter, resume, and transcripts. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend