Records Assistant - Cashier - Records and Registration
Job no: 492871
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Categories: Admissions/Financial Aid/Records & Registration
Responsible for performing and ensuring extraordinary customer service to Grand Valley students, staff and faculty. Provide customer service support and resources at the Student Assistance Center.
Position schedule (40 hours/week):
- Mid-August – mid-May: 9-6 Monday – Thursday; 8-5 Friday
- Mid-May – Mid-August: 8-5 Monday – Friday
- Assists students on the phone and in person. Provides information and completes transactions as required by students.
- Works at the service counter - answers questions, receives and provides paperwork for responding to customer needs and performs typical administrative functions such as registering students, cashiering operations, providing admissions information, producing transcripts, etc.
- Interprets regulations and procedures and responds appropriately.
- Uses information provided by computerized reporting to monitor and maintain the quality and accuracy of data.
- Registers students.
- Supervise student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Serves on the Customer Service Panel.
- Works at registration events.
- Works at commencement.
- Assists other units within the Student Assistance Center during high demand times.
- Handles registration concerns.
- Performs the duties of head cashier on a rotating basis. Duties include monitoring the distribution of money trays, assisting staff with money transactions and balancing procedures, balancing the day’s money and receipts, preparing the daily bank deposits and necessary reports.
- Monitors the supplies used in the cashiering process.
- Manages the cash needs of the cashiering unit by recommending changes in the cash reserve.
- Collects and counts coin for deposit for the University.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training.
- Experience with various computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and/or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Data entry experience.
- Typing and spelling competency with grammar and proofreading skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Ability to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Some college and banking related experience.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Cash handling experience
- Banking experience
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other PSS staff members within the department/unit/division.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Salary: C-3 Level. Minimum starting salary of $ 16.79
Application Deadline: June 26, 2018
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Job Category: Professional Support Staff
Job Type: Full Time
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend