Massage Practitioner - Campus Recreation
Job no: 492886
Work type: TEMP - Temporary Hourly
Categories: Student Services
Services provided include chair massage, full body massage, maintain client paperwork and forms. Must have completed all coursework to become a message practitioner, including all practical hours, and provide proof of completion of both national exam and license. Starting wage is based on experience and skills. Massage Practitioner position may work and average of 15 hours a week and have additional opportunities to work events.
- Must have completed all coursework to become a massage practitioner, including all practical hours from board approved education program.
- Board Certified through State of Michigan
- Current license as a massage therapist in the state of Michigan
- Prior experience in massage therapy
- CPR/First Aid Certified preferred
Services to be Provided:
- Provides expert and professional body massage services, including Swedish, therapeutic, deep tissue, and prenatal massages.
- Maintains and has knowledge of all maintenance and use of equipment related to massage.
- Responsible for following all policies and safety procedures. Immediately notifies supervisor of accidents and potential safety hazards.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of work areas. Assists with other functions as needed.
- Monitors and maintains par levels of supplies, and notifies management when ordering is necessary.
- Provides Chair massage, and full body massage
- Render massage services to clients as approved by the University to includes; GVSU employees, students, alumni, retirees, and Fieldhouse members and public
- Maintain client charts including consent forms, client assessment, and treatment plan
- Keeping progress/session notes
- Maintains and keeps current all professional certifications and licensing related to massage therapy.
- Communicating needs related to direct supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and some weekends
- Support special events and services requests
Salary: Compensation is competitive based on client load
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend