Project Assistant for Groundswell - Center for Educational Partnerships/College of Education
Job no: 492896
Work type: EAP - Less than 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Education
Groundswell, a hub of the Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative, provides sustained, high-quality professional development for teachers in the area of environmental stewardship. The Groundswell Project Assistant will work closely with the Groundswell Manager and other Groundswell staff to nurture school and community partner collaborations around place-based education and school project implementation. The assistant will complete assigned responsibilities involving professional development for K-12 teachers, student involvement in service learning initiatives, community engagement with those initiatives, and community events. This will include but is not limited to assisting with Groundswell program growth, management, and evaluation. For more information on Groundswell, visit www.groundswellmi.org
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience implementing projects with community organizations
- Six months of experience in public relations and marketing
- Management and organization of complex systems and projects, including proficiency in web-based documents
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of environmental issues
- Knowledge of and experience with place-based and academic service learning
- Experience working with K-12 schools and educators
- Prior work with a governing board
- Website editing and management skills
- Experience in fund development
- Ability to create and edit video content
- Ability to manage budget
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Assist in the design and implementation of teacher professional development
- Support and manage partnerships among schools and community organizations participating in Groundswell
- Work with K-12 schools and partners to implement stewardship projects
- Create virtual professional development modules based on live trainings and events
- Develop informational and promotional materials
- Collaborate with internal and external advisory councils and committees, as needed
- Assist in sustainability efforts for the Hub
- Assist with the management, tracking, and reporting of both fiscal and programmatic aspects of the grant
- Assist in program evaluation
Department/Division: College of Education
Salary: $20.65/hour for approximately 16 hours per week, August 2018-December 2018.
Campus: Grand Rapids
Application Deadline Date: Posting to remain open until position is filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu. Include a cover letter, résumé, three references, a writing sample, and a copy of transcripts. The online application system will allow candidates to electronically attach these documents. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additional information about GVSU is available on our website at www.gvsu.edu.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend