Standard Patient Program Assistant Coordinator - Vice Provost for Health
Job no: 492917
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Vice Provost for Health
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must be a Registered Nurse.
- Experienced with program planning, developing, implementing, and evaluation.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with capacity to learn new software systems
- Flexibility in schedule is required due to Simulation Center event times.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s degree in educational technology, education, or health-related discipline preferred.
- Experience in standard patient methodology and/or simulation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of education theory and principles and methods of adult education desired.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator or ability to obtain within two years of employment.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Responsible for operational aspects of SP program as requested, following all program policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coverage for the SP Coordinator, Simulation Specialist, and Learning Resource Specialist as needed.
- Collaborates with faculty and SP Coordinator to develop, organize, and enhance SP events.
- Responsible for the creation of SP schedule for all events each semester.
- Responsible for auditing the State requirement for an onsite nurse for all pediatric SP events.
- Lead SP orientations throughout the year including explaining role expectations and training for new SP’s. Plans and creates SP orientation materials and folders.
- Responsible for the recruiting, scheduling, hiring, confirming, training and facilitating standardized patient events.
- Oversee and ensures the completion and accuracy of all SP employment applications and forms, emailing letters of hire, and performing multiple confirmations of SP work schedules in accordance with SP Program established procedures. Distribute application, background check and personnel form by email to SP’s when needed.
- Responsible for overseeing and authorizing the accuracy of all hours worked by each SP, temporary hourly employees, ad Sim Center Lab Assistants in the payroll Ultratime program.
- Seek out research initiatives to expand the knowledge and understanding of SP methodology and effectiveness. Actively seeks professional development opportunities and certifications.
- Ensure that faculty are e-mailed the faculty survey after each designated SP event and analyzes resutls to implement process improvement.
- Responsible for mainting the Standardized Patient Manual and Faculty Standardized Patient Program manual.
- Develop new and revised policies and procedures for SP program.
- Create the online SP program newsletter and coordinate the distribution.
- Promote and expand the use of the SP methodology with internal and external clients.
- Participates in simulation events, learning lab experiences, data collection, publication, and presentation of research at the local, national, and/or international level.
- Supervise student and temporary employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Department/Division: Office of the Vice Provost for Health Simulation Center
Salary: Commensurate with experience and degree
Campus: Grand Rapids Campus: Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. On the application you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend