Security Staff (Temporary) - Department of Public Safety Services
Job no: 492941
Work type: TEMP - Temporary Hourly
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Public Safety/Police/Security
Required Qualifications and Education:
- High school graduate.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work, performance and attendance.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to stay calm under rapidly evolving situations.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully to use various computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently and organize own work
- Must have valid driver's license
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Patrol campus buildings and grounds. Respond to criminal incidents, fire safety incidents and security issues along with parking and traffic issues.
- Investigate complaints made by faculty, staff, students and visitors.
- Respond to calls involving medical emergencies. Administer first aid and/or call for additional assistance as needed
- Provide security services as directed for special events.
- Assist students, faculty, staff and visitors with problems with keys, locks, doors, vehicles, etc. Provide escorts and special transports as needed.
- Prepare all required paper work on security activities including daily report forms, informational reports, general incident reports, etc., and others as assigned.
- Understand and comply with MSDS and HAZCOM procedures as part of GVSU’s comprehensive OSHA compliance program.
- Understand and comply with the GVSU Security Staff Workbook.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Department/Division: Department of Public Safety Services
Salary: $13 per hour
Campus: Grand Rapids Campus
Application Deadline Date: October 5, 2018
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend