Academic Department Coordinator - Graduate Program (Kirkhof College of Nursing)
Job no: 492952
Work type: PSS - Professional Support Staff
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Kirkhof College of Nursing
Summary: Academic Department Coordinator for graduate programs with the Kirkhof College of Nursing will provide support for the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs, help coordinate the preparation and submission of the annual schedule of course offerings for Kirkhof College of Nursing, maintain filing systems and all confidential records related to the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs office, assist in the facilitation of student admission, placement, and progression, and provide undergraduate and graduate academic support to faculty, as assigned.
- Provide support for the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs—maintain Associate Dean’s calendar and travel schedule, plan and coordinate administrative activities, prepare correspondence, evaluate mail, assist with new projects and program initiatives; and ensure communication with faculty and students.
- Serve as liaison between the Associate Deans, Office of Student Services, Academic Community Liaison, other personnel in the academic programs office, and faculty.
- Coordinate, with the Associate Deans, the preparation and submission of the annual schedule of course offerings for Kirkhof College of Nursing.
- Maintain filing systems and all confidential records related to the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs office. Assist with the preparation and distribution of graduate academic program handbooks.
- Provide undergraduate and graduate academic support to faculty as assigned.
- Collaborate with Associate Dean for Graduate Programs to facilitate student admission, placement, and progression.
- Coordinate, compile, and analyze data for surveys and confidential reports using the appropriate software.
- Coordinate preparation of contract and assignment letters for adjunct faculty and overload compensation. Welcome new and returning adjunct faculty; coordinate office assignment and associated details including computer accounts, name pins, etc.
- Provide clerical support to Graduate Academic Affairs Committee and academic committees as directed, including preparation and/or distribution of meeting minutes, agendas, and correspondence.
- Ensure support coverage for all Academic Affairs activities.
- May train, supervise and/or evaluate performance for student workers assigned to area of responsibility.
- Share responsibility with other PSS to cover the KCON main office as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training.
- Experience with various computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and/or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Data entry experience.
- Typing and spelling competency with grammar and proofreading skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Ability to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in higher education/nursing
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other PSS staff members within the department/unit/division.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Salary: C-3 Level. Minimum starting salary of $17.13
Campus: Grand Rapids, Health Campus
Application Deadline: October 22, 2018
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend