Assistant or Associate Professor - Psych Mental Health (Kirkhof College of Nursing)
Job no: 492970
Work type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Kirkhof College of Nursing
Grand Valley State University is a comprehensive university with an enrollment of over 25,000 on its two main campuses in Allendale, MI and Grand Rapids, MI. Located close to Lake Michigan and set in the natural beauty of West Michigan, Grand Valley enjoys the advantages of being in one of the economically strongest and fastest growing areas of the state. The KCON is housed in a state-of-the-art facility located on “Health Hill” in Grand Rapids; the health science campus is expanding with the addition of the new Finkelstein Hall opening Summer 2018. Our Academic Nurse Managed Center is located in close proximity; GVSU’s College of Health Professions and nearby locations of the Spectrum Health Campus and Mercy Health Saint Mary’s provide opportunity for interdisciplinary and partnership collaborations. The KCON has over 1,500 students enrolled in their CCNE accredited BSN, MSN and DNP degree programs.
- College of Nursing external mentor program to promote faculty scholarship
- College of Nursing Research Office
- Robert & Mary Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Center for Scholarly and Creative Excellence
- Work Life Program to assist in achieving a balanced life between work and personal needs
Successful candidates will promote advancement and success in one of four Centers of Distinction through contributions promoting the integration of teaching, scholarship, practice, and service. We desire to grow and maintain a diverse, collegial, and interdisciplinary environment.
- Earned doctorate in nursing or related discipline; if the earned doctorate is not in nursing, the master’s degree must be in nursing. If the doctorate was earned via a BSN to doctorate, the doctorate must be in nursing (DNP or PhD), and the requirement for a master’s degree is waived.
- Evidence of area of expertise and an identified program of scholarship
- Expertise in Psych/Mental Health
- Preference for applicants with PMHNP.
- Minimum of one year teaching experience at undergraduate and/or graduate levels
Expectations of the position include teaching, scholarship, and service, with opportunities for professional practice as desired, including
- Integrating KCON philosophy and organizing framework into classroom and clinical teaching
- Maintaining professional knowledge through critical reviews of evidenced based best practices, professional seminars, workshops, webinars, conferences, and journal articles
- Application of learning from professional development to the academic and clinical practice settings Demonstrates adherence to the GVSU Collegiality Policy
- Incorporating the principles of inter-professional education and collaborative practice as defined by the Inter-professional Education Collaborative (IPEC)
- Embedding principles of engagement to enhance the teaching, scholarship, service, and practice expectations in the college
Salary and rank commensurate with experience
If more information desired, please contact the Dean, Dr. Cynthia McCurren, (616) 331-5726.
Application Deadline Open until filled
How to Apply
Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu. Include a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references. The online system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance with the online system, please call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend