Associate or Assistant Professor - Marketing (Seidman College of Business)
Job no: 492979
Work type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Seidman College of Business
Position: Associate or Assistant Professor of Marketing to begin August 2019
- Terminal degree from an AACSB or equivalent accredited institution
- Terminal degree closely related to the discipline of position
- Relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated teaching effectiveness
- Demonstrated research productivity
- Substantial industry experience at increasing levels of responsibility
- Excellent candidates in any related field will be considered, but preference will be given to candidates with experience in Marketing Strategy
- Three or more years teaching at the graduate level (MBA & EMBA)
- Experience with experiential learning and community-based projects
- Multiple years of experience as an Assistant Professor
- Typical teaching load is nine credit hours per semester
- Effective teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels (MBA & EMBA) as well as provide service to the department, college, university and community is expected
- Research and scholarship that meets AACSB standards is expected
Compensation: Competitive salary with excellent benefits package (www.gvsu.edu/hro).
Department/Division: Seidman College of Business
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
- Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu To be considered, applicants must upload the following (in PDF format) to the online application:
(1) cover letter to include your teaching philosophy and research interests
(2) curriculum vitae
(3) unofficial transcripts from the Ph.D. granting institution
(4) teaching evaluations for all courses taught in the last two years (and any other evidence of teaching excellence) with department/school comparisons
(5) sample of completed or in-progress research work
- On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. Questions about this position may be directed to the Search Committee Chair: Dr. Joseph Little (firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-331-7299).
For more information about Seidman College of Business, see our website at www.gvsu.edu/seidman
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend