Publicity and Recruitment Coordinator - Music, Theatre and Dance (College of Liberal Arts and Sciences)
Job no: 493002
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Summary: Grand Valley State University, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, invites applications for a full-time AP Publicity and Recruitment Coordinator in the Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a performing arts field
- Demonstrate a substantial, working knowledge of music, theatre, and dance performance as well as knowledge of appropriate standards for admission and success in an academic setting
- Demonstrate knowledge of publishing, scheduling and database software
- Demonstrate comprehensive experience with social media
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- A master’s degree in a performing arts field
- Team-oriented with experience collaborating with professional staff and faculty
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work irregular and flexible hours and to travel to various events
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Manage publicity and outreach for three academic programs in the Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance, including: attend outreach events and conferences; coordinate ad design and placement; coordinate development and design of recruitment materials; and, coordinate the promotion of all performance events and creation of performance programs
- Point person for electronic media: design and update the four webpages for each area of study and department; lead the Friends of Music Theatre and Dance electronic group; take photos at events; manage Department social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Coordinate essential recruitment activities for Music Theatre and Dance, including: attendance at recruitment fairs, coordinating perspective student visits and events with MTD Faculty, manage audition days and organize special events
- Manage Alumni social outreach and the monthly alumni newsletter
Responsibilities – Non-Essential Functions:
- Provide technical support to the Music and Dance programs as needed.
Department/Division: Music, Theatre, and Dance
Application Deadline Date: January 25, 2019
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend