Assistant Professor - Occupational Science & Therapy (College of Health Professions)
Job no: 493008
Work type: FAC - Tenure Track Faculty
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Health Professions
Summary: Grand Valley State University (GVSU) in Grand Rapids, Michigan is currently accepting applications for two full-time tenure-track faculty positions, at the rank of assistant/associate professor based upon qualifications and experience, in the Department of Occupational Science and Therapy (OST). The department is housed in the new Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall, a state-of-the-art facility in Grand Rapids.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- A Doctorate degree with no experience or a Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy or related field with at least three years of full-time related work experience after the Master’s degree was awarded.
- Within the previous two years must have any one of the following: Oversight of 2+ student group activities in a clinic or community setting, OR 1 guest lecture presentation taught to an entry-level occupational therapy or occupational therapy assistant program, OR supervising 3+ occupational therapy fieldwork students
- If highest degree is Master’s, must be willing to enroll in a Doctoral degree program
- Michigan Occupational Therapy licensure or eligibility
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Earned doctorate degree or evidence of enrollment in a doctoral program
- An identified program of scholarship
- Teaching experience at the graduate level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Area of expertise that complements current faculty; preference for those with expertise in Older Adult, Mental Health, and Qualitative research.
- Experience in or demonstrated understanding of social justice education and/or initiatives, and/or inclusion, diversity, and/or intercultural training.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
Teaching in the OST graduate program. In addition to the primary focus of teaching, all faculty members must demonstrate scholarly activity, advise/mentor students, and provide service to the department, university, community, and the profession.
Salary: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience and degree.
Department/Division: Occupational Science and Therapy, College of Health Professions
Campus: Grand Rapids Health Campus
Application Deadline: This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but it will remain open through April 20, 2019.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend