Clinical Initiatives Specialist - Vice Provost for Health
Job no: 493034
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Vice Provost for Health
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a health field
- Licensed Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master's degree
- Experience in marketing or public relations
- Three to five years in a clinical, administrative or high education setting
Responsibilities - Essential Functions: The Clinical Initiatives Specialist will:
- Develops and implements a university-wide clinical placement strategy in collaboration with the Vice Provost for Health.
- Secures clinical placements for GVSU Health Programs
- Establishes and maintains relationships with health care systems
- Applies knowledge of academic programs and clinical expertise to interface with a variety of health professionals regarding clinical placements.
- Accountable for all onboarding processes for DNP and PA students with hospital systems including negotiation of placement schedules and securing appropriate EMR access.
- Manages the database for clinical placement and preceptor information to ensure timely and accurate data.
- Creates clinical placement and preceptor reports for the Vice Provost for Health as requested.
- Designs department communications including newsletters, brochures and website.
- Manages the GVSU Preceptor Perks Program including coordination of preceptor enrollment, collaboration with other university departments, and creation of documents.
- Assists the Vice Provost for Health on special projects as requested.
- Provides assistance as requested for the Health Compliance Office.
- Promotes professionalism, confidentiality, cooperation and good working relationships with faculty, staff, students and clinical practice sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and degree
Department/Division: Office of the Vice Provost for Health
Campus: Pew Campus: Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications begins immediately and may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. On the application you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend