Director of Childrens Enrichment Center - Student Services
Job no: 493084
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Student Services
The Director of the Children’s Enrichment Center (CEC) provides overall leadership, direction, and administrative oversight for the children’s center on GVSU’s Allendale campus. The Director of the CEC is responsible for providing a high quality, nurturing community that is both developmentally appropriate and inclusive of multiple perspectives. The Director oversees day to day operations including staffing, planning, budgeting, programs, safety, and assessment of the CEC. The Director is responsible for long term strategic planning of the CEC and will collaborate with others to advance the University mission and strategic planning initiatives. The Director of the CEC reports to the Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs within the Division of Student Services.
- Provide overall leadership and direction for Children’s Enrichment Center.
- Provide affordable, high quality child care services primarily to the Grand Valley State community and to the community at large as capacity allows.
- Lead a developmentally appropriate early learning environment that offers school readiness for young children 2.5 years old through 12 years old.
- Supervise professional staff, student-staff, interns, clinical students, and volunteers including; recruitment, selection, training, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Responsible for CEC enrollment and auxiliary budget planning and implementation.
- Lead in the formulation of policy, operations, and procedures for the CEC.
- Provide leadership for program planning that enhances student learning and academic success.
- Partner with academic departments and student support offices in providing University programs and services.
- Provide high quality customer service and communication with parents and families.
- Ensure compliance with the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, University, and federal licensing and safety regulations.
- Model, support, and reinforce the University, Division, and Department mission, vision, and values.
- Participate in University, Division, and Department committees.
- Participate in team projects and programs as assigned.
- Identify and manage appropriate grants and development opportunities for the CEC.
- Complies with all GVSU policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly Director Reports for supervisor and GVSU leadership.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in Child Development, Early Care & Education, Health and Family Services, Higher Education Administration, or similar field. ZA or ZS endorsement issued by the Michigan Department of Education required.
- Experience Required: Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experiences in providing high quality administrative leadership in a center based setting.
Salary: Competitive salary and full university benefits.
Department/Division: Division of Student Services
How to Apply: Apply on line at https://www.gvsu.edu/gvsujobs. Please include cover letter and resume. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit unofficial transcripts prior to the interview. For assistance, contact Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend