Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach - Athletics
Job no: 493090
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
- Bachelor’s degree
- Candidate to have successful playing experience at the collegiate level.
- Candidate to have at least three years’ experience on a collegiate level lacrosse staff.
- Successful knowledge and experience with the recruiting process.
- Thorough understanding of the NCAA rules and regulations.
- Experience in program planning and teaching.
- Candidate must have a strong commitment to the academic achievement of student-athletes and NCAA compliance.
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills.
- Master’s degree
- High school lacrosse club or international team coaching experience.
- Experience in coaching defensive concepts and skills.
- Experience in coordinating with exercise science and/or strength and conditioning programs.
- Reports to the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach and assists with all phases in the operation of the women’s lacrosse program including organization and administration, quality student-athlete recruitment, fiscal management, viable fundraising, public relations and on the field coaching along with other duties as assigned by the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach.
Salary: A comprehensive benefit package is included. Salary is commensurate with experience. 12-month contract.
Department/Division: Intercollegiate Athletics/Finance & Administration
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How to Apply: Please apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu. Please include a letter of application and resume, along with a list of three references. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit unofficial transcripts prior to the interview. If you have questions or need assistance, please phone Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is a member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and competes at the Division II level of the NCAA. Grand Valley is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employment institution. www.gvsulakers.com.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend