Project Coordinator for Training, Logistics, Material and Technology Support - Autism Education Center
Job no: 493755
Position type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Summary: Serve as the primary event planner for START training, statewide leadership meetings, a large annual conference, and other meetings and events. Coordinate scheduling, logistics, and preparation for in-person and virtual training activities and events. Provide problem-solving support for events as needed.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in events planning and project support
- Experience with digital and print material preparation
- Experience with technology and software programs to support the project
- Experience with Google platforms and Google supported platforms,
- Experience with virtual meeting platforms, including Zoom meetings
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, time management, and problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a dynamic team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interacting with numerous project stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Willingness to travel periodically to training sites, meetings, or other events within the state
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Experience with content management systems for websites
- Experience with education, disabilities, or autism spectrum disorders desirable
- Serve as the primary event planner for START trainings, statewide leadership meetings, a large annual conference, and other meetings and events.
- Coordinate scheduling, logistics, and preparation for in-person and virtual training activities and events.
- Provide problem solving support for events as needed.
- Communicate with presenters, training sites, trainers, and other project participants related to project events, activities, and programs.
- Coordinate and maintain registration and continuing education materials for training.
- Coordinate training material organization, preparation, ordering, printing, and Google folders.
- Develop and maintain Google calendar and training schedule for the project.
- Maintain the project’s digital storage and relevant project records and information.
- Collaborate to design and develop project resource materials.
- Work collaboratively to maintain the project website using the university content management system.
- Provide technical support for web-based learning tools and materials (e.g., Panopto, Canvas).
- Work collaboratively with the project team to set annual and monthly priorities, set work plans, and monitor progress on project activities.
- Provide general assistance with problem-solving around various issues.
Salary/Benefits The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The university offers an excellent comprehensive package that includes health/vision/dental plans, life insurance, retirement, sick/leave disability, tuition waiver, adoption resources, wellness coaching, and free access to campus fitness facilities. Family and child care options on and off-campus are also available. For a detailed description of benefits, please visit https://www.gvsu.edu/hro/benefitswellness.
Department/College: Autism Education Center. The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) is the largest college at Grand Valley, offering over 50 bachelor degrees and a growing number of advanced degrees in the natural and mathematical sciences, the fine arts and humanities, and the social sciences. CLAS is a student-centered and diverse learning community that engages in critical inquiry, extending knowledge to enrich and enliven individual and public life. Our faculty are active teacher-scholars committed to equitable, inclusive, career-connected, and community-engaged liberal arts and sciences education. There are many opportunities for collaboration within CLAS and across a broad group of partners on and off-campus. This year, six CLAS departments are collaborating to center diversity, equity, and inclusion in our hiring process. We are interested in attracting a cohort of new faculty committed to these core values as we seek to foster a community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive together.
Campus: The Autism Education Center’s main office is located on GVSU’s Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus. The successful candidate does not have to live in, or relocate to the Grand Rapids area but will need to travel within Michigan periodically. This position will require periodic travel for meetings or site support.
Grand Valley University (GVSU) is a public comprehensive institution located in West Michigan with campuses in Allendale, downtown Grand Rapids, and Holland, plus centers in Muskegon and Traverse City. The University attracts more than 23,000 undergraduate and graduate students with high-quality programs and state-of-the-art facilities and has been nationally recognized for innovativeness and its contribution to students’ social mobility. The greater Grand Rapids metropolitan area has a population of around one million people, is affordable and rich in cultural amenities. Grand Valley is located within easy driving distance of Chicago, Detroit, Lake Michigan beaches, and many other superb summers and winter recreational venues. Grand Valley is highly rated for safety, sustainability, and veteran and LGBTQ friendliness, and is committed to supporting employees and their families in work-life balance. The university is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for faculty and students while promoting the enrichment of society through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and service. More information can be found at http://www.gvsu.edu/.
How to Apply: Apply online at www.gvsujobs.org (Administrative/Professional). Please include a cover letter, resume/vitae, and two letters of recommendation. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215
Application Deadline Date: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
The University has recently implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine requirement that will be tied to FDA approval. GVSU will require all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated by September 30, 2021. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine requirement that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
Grand Valley State University does not discriminate against students, faculty or staff in any of its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities. Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests, have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, veteran or active duty military status or weight. In addition, Grand Valley is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to ensure that none of its education programs and activities discriminate on the basis of sex/gender. Sex includes sex stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or parenting status. The Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity serves as a resource for the GVSU community and assists individuals who may have been impacted by discrimination or harassment in connecting with resources, imposes measures that protect or support access to programs and activities, and oversees the university’s grievance process for allegations of discrimination and harassment. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, 4015 Zumberge Hall, email@example.com, (616) 331-9530.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend